Friday, August 13, 2010

Chitti Garelu(Urad dal Vada)



Hi friends,Today is the First friday of Shravanamasam month.I did all my pooja well by reading all the Sthotrams of Goddess Lakshmi and offered "Naivedyam" (prasadam) and I partaked to all my friends.I prepared "Chittigarelu"& "Biyyam Paravannam" for my First friday of Shravanmasam.Both are  my favourite food from my childhood.This Garelu,is a Festive treat especially for Son-in-laws in India.Famous saying is also there for these Garelu in Telugu.("Tintey Garelu tinali,Vintey Bharatham Vinali") After my marriage I tried manytimes and doing good from my Mother_in_law.I am sharing my Pooja and Kolam (Muggu) photo also.

Ingredients:
  • Minapappu(WholeUrad dal)-2cups
  • Onions-2finelychopped
  • Corianderleaves-1 small bunch finely chopped
  • Curryleaves-4
  • Jeera-tsps
  • Greenchilies-5finelychopped
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil for deep frying.
  • Thick Polythene sheet or Cover
Preparation:

  • Soak Minapappu in water for wholenight or in the day also about 4-5 hrs.
  • Drain all the water from the Urad dal and have it on a dry cloth for 5mins.(By having on a cloth,wetness will be gone and the batter will be thick)
  • After that take a blender and grind the dal without adding water or salt.Observe that the paste should be in a thick form inorder that the vadas do not run out of shape.
  • Remove the paste from blender in to a vessel or bowl and then add chopped onions,greenchillies,Jeera,salt and mix well with hand.
  • Heat the oil in a deep pan.
  • Take a Polythene cover and take a small ball of batter and pat it into round shape and make a hole in the center.(You can make vadas by pressing balls on your lefthand and In India,Plantainleaves(Arati akulu) are used to do )
  • Drop gently in to hot  oil from the sides,fry them on both sides untill they turns golden brown in color.
  • Take them in to plate with a paper napkin to squeeze the excess oil.
  • Serve hot with Coconut Chutney or other Hot pickles and enjoy with WholeFamily!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your valuable comments