Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ravva Dosa

This is one of my Favourite Dosa ,which I used to have all time.I like most these Dosa made by my Mom.She prepares nicely ,from my childhood onwards I used to enjoy eating Dosa but never tried to make dosa in perfect shape.After my marriage ,I started knowing the preparation of batter and shaping the dosa from my Mom.My husband always used to laugh when I do dosa,I never get  in a circle form.Trying on doing Dosas,I succeded to get in a good shape.So friends,without delay,here goes my recipe.

Ingredients:
  • Biyyam pindi/Rice flour-1 cup
  • Maida/All purpose flour-1 cup
  • Sooji/ Bombay ravva-1 cup
  • Carrot-2tbsp grated
  • Ginger -1/2 inch peeled and chopped
  • Onion-1 no chopped
  • Greenchillies-2no chopped
  • Cashewnuts-6
  • Oil to roast the Dosa
  • Salt to taste
  • Cumin seeds- a pinch
  • Kothimeer leaves - few
  • Water- to make batter
  • Curd- optional
Procedure:
  • Shift all the above Maida,Rice flour and Sooji and mix well with water .You can use little curd blended to mix without forming any lumps.Better mix by using hand.
  • Add salt ,Onions,Ginger pieces,Grated Carrot,Kothimeer,Cashewnuts and mix well.( This mixing can also add when the dosa is cooked one side).I mixed all along in the batter.
  • Now Take a Non-stick pan or frying pan on medium heat and grease it with little oil and rub with little onion piece.By doing this the dosas come perfect.
  • Pour a laddle of batter on it and spread it to form a round layer.
  • Drizzle little oil around the edges of Ravva Dosa .
  • Cook untill the edges become brown then flip the dosa and sprinkle little oil over it.
  • Cook it for a minute,Keeping observe the dosa not to get charred ( Maadatam,become black).
  • Remove it from the pan and Ravva Dosa is ready!!
  • sprinkle little water on the frying pan and proceed to go for other Dosa.
  • Serve it on a plate along with some Coconut chutney and other spicy chutneys .
Note:
  • You can store this batter in the Refrigerator atleast for 2days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your valuable comments