- Sugar-250 gms
- Poppy seeds-2tbsp
- Green Elachi-2 to 4 no Powdered
- Sliced dry fruits- a small cup (Almonds,Cashews, Unsalted Pistachio,Dried Coconut and Dried Dates)
- Slice all the dry fruits and mix them well and keep aside.
- Rinse the poppy seeds with hot water for couple of times to remove the soluble dirt and strain it with the tea strainer.
- Drain it on kitchen towel to get rid off excess moisture.
- Now take a steel plate on its back or the kitchen platform surface.Grease it well with oil.
- Now in a thick bottom pan or in an Iron wok,mix sugar,water/Oil,Elachi powder and mix well.Keep the flame in medium.
- Keep stirring the mixture,make sure not to form nasty lumps of sugar are present.Break them if any found with the spatula.
- As soon as the sugar melts,add the strained poppy seeds.
- Now depending on how chewy or how crispy /hard you want your brittle to be.Switch off the flame,when the color of the sugar syrup changes to preferred color.
- Immediately put all the above sliced nuts and mix well.(You have to do this quickly otherwise there wont be even distribution of nuts)
- Spread the mixture on a greased surface .Using the back of plate helps to tap the plate and to adjust to get rid of any tiny bubbles in the mixture.
- Tilt the plate to spread the mixture without touching with the hand or surface.
- Let it be cooled down and break in to pieces when it is not completely hard.
- Store it in an air-tight container and it can last as long as few weeks to couple of months.
- Do not overcook the sugar syrup,it makes bright color and taste the syrup bitter.
- By touching the surface of the mixture to spread make it lose its glaze or shine.
- Use some pestle like tool,gently break the brittle in to large pieces ,once it is perfectly hard.