I like this Diamond Kajalu since from my Child-hood onwards,remembering all those memories today I prepared this snack item.My Mom prepared very often during my school days and I used to pack it in the snack box and eating them with the classmate friends ,all those are unforgettable for me.Almost everyone knows this snack item as every one might have surely tasted this by their Loving Mother & Grand Mothers.So here is the preparing Method.
- All Purpose flour/Maida-1 cup
- Salt- to taste
- Ghee-1/2tbsp (optional)
- Cumin seeds-1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Water -1/2 cup
- Oil-for frying
- Take a bowl,mix the flour with salt,Cumin seeds,ghee and by adding little amount of water and knead well to form a firm and soft dough.
- Now take a large lemon sized ball from the prepared dough and roll it in to flat chapathis rolling with the rolling pin and flouring in between with the maida.
- Cut this prepared chapathi in to small diamonds with the help of a knife.
- Meanwhile Cover the reamining dough with the moist cloth otherwise the dough becomes dry.
- Finish the rest of the dough.
- Heat Oil in aKadai and deep fry the diamonds in oil till golden brown on both sides.
- Place them on oil absorbant paper and let it cool.
- Store them in an air-tight Container.
- Enjoy these with the Kids!!
- We can also prepare Sweet diamond Kajalu in the same way replacing sugar instead of Chilli powder & omitting cumin seeds.
- Mix sugar directly to the flour and fry it or you can make a sugar syrup in single thread consistency and drop the fried diamonds in to the syrup.
- Try this also those who like Sweet!!