Thursday, June 18, 2015

Amaranthus Vadalu


Hi Friends, I learned this recipe from my Mother-in-Law , when I was newly Married .She often cooks for me as a evening snack before I comes from my College.
I tried this today with the Fresh Amaranthus Leaves bought from the Farmer's Market. I am happy to share this recipe with you all .Hope you all Like it!!
Ingredients:
  • Amaranthus - 1 bunch
  • Soaked Chanadal -11/2 cup
  • Green Chillies - 2no
  • Ginger - small piece
  • Salt to taste
  • Chopped Onions- 1 small
  • Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
  • Oil to Fry
Method:
  • Drain all the water from the Dal.
  • Chop the Whole Amaranthus Leaves.
  • Take the mixy jar add the chopped leaves, Dal,Ginger and grind it to paste .(Not Smooth you need to feel some dal )
  • Now add the onions,cumin seeds to the batter.
  • Mix well.
  • Heat the oil in a pan.
  • Make small balls from the batter and press them in to small circles.
  • Fry them well in the oil.
  • Serve them with Sauce or chutney.

1 comment:

Post your valuable comments