Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gulab Jamun


                    ***  Happy Raksha Bandhan Wishes ***
Hi friends,
                 Today is a Very Special day to all the Loving Brothers and Sisters i.e; "Rakhi" Festival.So friends I missed my blood brothers who are staying in India and So I tied to my brothers living near by my home who loves and cares me most all  the time.They made me Happy being like my Own brothers and I wish them to have  always Luck and Happiness .On the eve of this Occasion I made a Sweet and Spicy items for my brothers .One is "Gulab Jamoon" & the Other is "Aloo Bath".So ,I would I like to Post my sweet item as Today's Special and U would also like it and enjoy the taste.

Ingredients:
  • Gulab Jamoon mix-250grams (I used MTR Instant Mix )
  • Elachi -4pods powdered
  • Rose water-a pinch
  • Water-3cups
  • Sugar-2 1/2 cup
  • Oil /Ghee l for deep frying
Procedure:
  • Add 1/4 measure of water gradually to 1 measure of MTR Jamun mix and knead gently in to smooth dough.
  • Set this dough aside for 5min.
  • Apply oil/ghee on both palms,then shape the dough in to small balls.
  • Deep fry the balls in oil/ghee over a low flame until golden brown.
  • Turn the balls with a spatula and get fried on both sides.
  • Remove the balls in to plate with paper napkin to drain the excess oil.
Sugar Syrup:
  • Take a large vessel and add sugar and water and boil for 15 mins.
  • Add pinch of Rose essence and Cardamom Powder as flavouring.
  • Now add the above balls to the Sugar syrup and leave it to absorb for 5mins.
  • Take these Yummy..Yummy & Tasty  Gulab Jamuns in to a small bowl and serve it.
Notes:
  • Make Sugar syrup first before frying balls and it would be easy to soak for balls.
  • You can also add Equal measures of water and sugar for the syrup based  upon the sweetness as you like.
  • You can also add little milk for kneading the dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your valuable comments