Divya's Cooking Journey Wishes you all a Very Happy Guru Purnima.Pray your Gurus by chanting them ,have their blessings.
Thursday, July 30, 2015
Monday, July 27, 2015
Dear blog readers ,friends & Family Members ,today my blog Turns "5".I am so happy .Thanks to all those who are following,reading my posts liking it.
Comments & Feedback from you all makes me happy and continues to post as much I can.This blog helping me to share all work in cooking,Arts& Crafts etc .
I wish you all to look forward to share more.
And Also Wishing you all a very Happy Tholi Ekadasi Wishes to one and all.
Sunday, July 26, 2015
Toli Ekadasi is the name given to the Ekadashi observed during the Shukla Paksha (waxing phase of moon) in Ashada or Ashara Masam (June – July) in Andhra Pradesh and by Telugu speaking community around the world. In 2015, the date of Toli Ekadashi date in Telugu calendar is on July 27. This Ekadashi is also known as Deva Shayani Ekadasi or Hari Sayani Ekadashi and the Chatur Mas Vrat (four holy months in Hinduism) begins from the day. The night time of Devas begins on this day and it believed that Lord Vishnu goes to sleep from the day.
The fast is dedicated to Srihari Vishnu. The fast is broken on the Dwadashi day by eating fruits.
It is popularly believed that by praying and observing Toli Ekadashi will help in a person from redemption of sins. All the normal fasting rules associated with Ekadashi fasting is observed on Toli Ekadasi day.
The day is of great significance to the farming community as they begin to sow seeds after the first rains on Toli Ekadasi day.
Tuesday, July 14, 2015
- Potlakaaya /Snake gourd -1 small boiled
- Yogurt- 2 cups
- Green chillies - 2 no chopped
- Onion - 1 small chopped
- Ginger - 1tsp pieces
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Hing - a pinch
- Red Chillies - 1no
- Cumin Seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds-1/2 tsp
- Heat the oil in a pan add the seasoning and add chopped onions,ginger,green chillies and cook well.
- In a bowl add the curd and beat well.
- Add turmeric ,salt.
- Now mix the cooked Snakegoud seasoning to this and mix well.
- Tasty Snakegourd Yogurt is ready.Have this with rice or Rotis.
Sunday, June 21, 2015
Thursday, June 18, 2015
Hi Friends, I learned this recipe from my Mother-in-Law , when I was newly Married .She often cooks for me as a evening snack before I comes from my College.
I tried this today with the Fresh Amaranthus Leaves bought from the Farmer's Market. I am happy to share this recipe with you all .Hope you all Like it!!
- Amaranthus - 1 bunch
- Green Chillies - 2no
- Ginger - small piece
- Salt to taste
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Oil to Fry
- Drain all the water from the Dal.
- Chop the Whole Amaranthus Leaves.
- Take the mixy jar add the chopped leaves, Dal,Ginger and grind it to paste .(Not Smooth you need to feel some dal )
- Now add the onions,cumin seeds to the batter.
- Mix well.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Make small balls from the batter and press them in to small circles.
- Fry them well in the oil.
- Serve them with Sauce or chutney.
Thursday, May 21, 2015
- Chanadal-1/2 cup
- Bellam/Jaggery-1 cup
- Elachi Powder-1tsp
- Oil-to fry
- All purpose flour/Maida-1/4 cup
- Wheat flour-1/2cup
- Semolina/Bombay ravva-2tbsp
- Clean the dal and add sufficient water and cook it.
- Drain the water or you can use it as a soup.
- Make it cool ,add jaggery,elachi powder and grind it.
- Make the balls and keep a side.
- Now in a bowl mix all the flours and ravva and knead to a dough.
- Now make the small pooris and fill the sweet chanadal balls.
- close them all edges.
- Deep fry them in the oil.
- Tasty Poornam Kudumulu is ready.
- Enjoy !!