Hi Friends,After a short break I came with my recipe tried it and came out well & tastes good; and this result was said by my husband.
So,For this Valentine's Day I impressed my husband with these "Gunta Punugulu".My husband likes this snack item very much as his mom (My MIL) prepares him often when we visit her.
I know this item and liked it from my school days from my GrandMother as she cooks for all her grand children as a evening snack.I liked this item and well known from her only.I Love her & her recipes too.
I learned this from my mother and tried for the day ,enjoyed happily by my Husband & Kid.
Here goes the recipe.
- Dosa batter-1cup (You Can Use Left over Dosa Batter )
- Onion- 1 medium size chopped
- Green chilies-3 no chopped
- Curry leaves-few
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Grated Carrot-1tbsp
- Turmeric- a pinch
- Chanadal- 2tbsp soaked in water for an hour
- Oil to cook
- Gunta Punugula Pan/Penam
Preparing Dosa batter:
- Soak 3 cups raw rice,1 cup Urad dal,1tsp fenugreek seeds over night .
- Grind these to a fine paste and ferment the batter for 6-7 hours.
- Combine the salt .
Method for Gunta Punugulu:
- Take the fermented dosa batter in to a bowl.
- Mix the chopped onion,green chillies,turmeric,cumin seeds,grated carrot ,soaked Chandal & the curry leaves by breaking with fingers.
- Mix the batter with spoon or by your hand.
- Place the Gunta Punugulu Pan on stove under mediuym heat.
- Drop little amount of oil in each hole.
- Pour the batter with spoon in to holes.
- Turn with a fork or spoon when you see pores forming on the top.
- Apply oil if it is sticked to the pan.
- Turn it and cook well.
- Transfer these to a plate .
- Garnish with few chopped onions and taste with Karam podi .
- Serve with tomato sauce for Kids.
Impress these item for your Sweet heart & Lovely Kids on this Valentine's Day!!Enjoy
One more information & news to all Friends those who see my Blog ; I am travelling back to India .So sharing this news to all of you my dear Friends.Enjoy all the festivals & advance wishes for the coming Shivaratri Festival on Next Monday (Feb-20-2012) .After settling in India, soon I will start posting My recipes.Bye Bye to all my dear friends.