Friday, September 3, 2010

Coconut Burfi with Jaggery. (Coconut Balls/Kobbari Undalu/Kobbari Louse)

This Yummy...Yummy Coconut  sweet is easy and can have for the Children or kids who likes sweets most, and it is easy and simple and can be prepared within 10 minutes. I always used to remember my Childhood days with My Mother for this recipe.Whenever my mom used to break coconut for pooja at home,Next minute I used to ask her to prepare "Ravva Laddu" & "Kobbari Louse" before coming from the school.After coming to U.S ,Today I tried it for the Fourth Friday of Shravanamasam.I breaked Coconut by hand and scraped the coconut and felt difficult.I am worried about ,how my mom cooked for me whenever I asked her.Thank U mom for doing so.So friends ,I tried it and got the good taste like my Mom's hand recipe, and you also go through my recipe.


Ingredients:
  • Coconut gratings- 3cups
  • Jaggery grated- 3cups
  • Elachi pods- 3 powdered
  • Ghee-4tsp
Method:
  •  Heat a pan,with 1tsp of ghee .
  • Add Coconut and Jaggery to the ghee and keep it on lowflame. 
  • Jaggery will slowly start melting making the coconut sticky.
  • During this stage bottom of the pan can get easily burnt ,so keep on stirring constantly. 
  • After about 15 minutes of stirring ,the mixture willcome together.(Hands may get pain while stirring ,so keep gas in a low flame )
  • Add Elachi powder and remaining ghee to the mixture.
  • Remove the cooked cocconut in to big vessel and let it cool.
  • Once it done , make a small balls from the mixture ,size as per preference.
  • Yummy......Yummy Coconut Sweet is Ready!
Notes:
  • No need to add water . 
  • You can store the balls in a container up to 1 week.
  • Fresh breaked ground Coconut is preferable for good taste .
  • You can cut the pieces of coconut and turn it in to  a mixy Jar for easier.
You might also like:
Venna Vundallu
Gulab Jamun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your valuable comments