This Ravva Bakshaalu was known to be from one of my friend Swapna.She gave me this item as a prasadam on her 9th Thursday Udyapanam to Sri Shiridi Sai Baba.It is first time ,I came to know about this recipe and was waiting for the day to try.So I tried this item yesterday .I offered the Semiya Kesari &; Ravva Bakshaalu for the Naivedyam.Here goes the recipe.
For the Dough
- Wheat flour/Godhuma Pindi-3cups
- Salt-1/2 tbsp
- Oil- 1/4cup
- Water to make a dough
- Sooji/Bombay Ravva-2 1/2 cups
- Water-3 cups or add 1 more cup depends on consistency
- Oil-1/2 tbsp
- Green chillies-2 no chopped
- Ginger-1/2 " chopped
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves-few
- Red chillipowder-1/2 tsp
- Oil-to cook
- Take a bowl ,mix the wheat flour ,salt with enough water and Oil.
- Pour little oil in to the dough and keep covering for atleast 30 minutes.
- This makes dough very soft and pilable.
- Now take a pan or vessel,add oil and heat it.
- Add water,green chilies,salt,Cumin seeds,red chilipowder,ginger pieces & curry leaves.
- Allow to boil and now simmer the gas and slowly pour the Sooji Ravva and keep on stirring with the Spoon.
- By Stirring continuously,we can avoid to form lumps.
- Cook till becomes closer and look likes Upma.
- Turn off the gas and allow this mixture to cool down.Make balls from it and keep aside.
- Mean while ,take a medium size ball from the dough and make a small circle shaped to fill the mixture.
- Fill the ball and cover it.
- Now apply oil and roll it like a chapathi by applying oil.
- Roll it very carefully applying very light pressure ,if using the rolling pin.
- Make the Chapathi by applying the oil and pressing with the palm.
- Prepare all the Chapathis by filling the mixture.
- Heat the Tava,cook the prepared Chapathi by adding oil .
- Turn it and cook on both sides,Keeping the gas in a low flame.
- Remove from the Heat and Serve it.
- Fill the Chapathi with the enough mixture only;Cover the edges completely and roll it.
- Observe the filing n ot to come out of the dough while rolling it and cooking on Tava too while turning.